26.3.13

Color Shifting Layering Goodness!


Hello lacqueristas :O I got my creative juices flowing yesterday & did a layering experiment. I actually first tried a jelly sandwich using Nubar's 2010 flakies but it didn't work out. :(

So I started off with a base of OPI's Every Month Is Oktoberfest, which is a purple based red shimmer, one of the best colors in the Germany collection in my opinion. I then layered Nubar's famed 2010 flakies over it. I was quite surprised at how sparse the flakies are compared to Essie's Shine Of The Times! Lastly, I grabbed my precious bottle of MaxFactor's Fantasy Fire for the final color shifting goodness.

I was incredibly delighted at how everything turned out, I kept shifting my fingernails whenever I could so I could drool over the color changes! 






11 comments:

  1. Wooooweee! What an interesting layering combo! Love the shifts captured in the third photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous mani. Droolworthy :D I have Fantasy Fire and Oktoberfest, but I never thought of layering them over each other. Thank you for sharing this great idea and lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it !!!

    How about a baroque inspiration post ? !

    Hugs dear !

    http://angrycupcake28.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO beautiful! I love flakies so much, I have one on right now! X
    justrach.com X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love <3 Yeah flakies are pretty much awesome :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...